Joel C. Rosenberg posted on the eve of the Iowa Caucus, thirty-two reasons why a Donald Trump presidency would be a catastrophe for America. Read article here
After the results this month it appears that a likely nomination of Trump is becoming at least an educated guess, the more the voters need to know about Trump and why he should not be president. The man is dangerous to the republic, perhaps even more so than Obama has been.
Trump’s supporters are almost fanatical about him. On February 23, I replied to a posting by the blog “Chicks on the Right,” who dared Trump voters to ” So please, if you would, explain your defense of Trump on:
- His turnaround on Hillary and his past campaign contributions.
- How do conservatives defend this? Trump’s attacks on George W Bush a couple weeks ago at the South Carolina debate were despicable. Please defend that.
- rump has, just in the last couple months, managed to PRAISE both Putin and Saddam Hussein. Please defend that.
- Trump’s supporters applaud wildly and basically soil themselves with delight when he talks about China and his plan to stop allowing American jobs to be outsourced and whatnot. But when he’s asked to defend the fact that his clothing line is manufactured in China? He BLAMES CHINA. For real.
- Trump says he plans to be “neutral” when it comes to Israel/Palestine”
My reply on Facebook to this was in part: It’s as if his supporters aren’t listening when he talks and says idiotic things like “I could shoot someone on 5th Ave and not lose any votes.” Do they read up on him? Or are they just in some kind of celebrity worship trance that can’t be turned off by the snapping of fingers? It’s just bizarre behavior that may require a mass intervention as if your family and friends trying to get you out of a Kool-Aide drinking cult before it’s too late.
With that, here are Joel C. Rosenberg’s thirty-two reasons:
- Trump: I could “shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose voters” (CNN) — “I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot people and I wouldn’t lose voters.”
- Trump on God: ‘I don’t like to have to ask for forgiveness’
- Trump: I’ve Never Asked God For Forgiveness For Anything [VIDEO]
- Donald Trump Would Not Rip Up The Iran Deal
- Trump: Don’t Just Kill ISIS — Kill Their Wives and Children
- Trump: I Get My Military Advice from Watching TV Talk Shows
- Donald Trump Doesn’t Quite Know the Difference Between the ‘Kurds’ and the ‘Quds’
- Putin endorses Trump
- Donald Trump lavishes praise on ‘leader’ Putin — Trump on Putin’s alleged killing of journalists: ‘At least he’s a leader’
- Trump Tax Plan Would Increase Deficit By Over $10 Trillion
- TRUMP: Let’s slap a 45% tariff on Chinese imports
- Trump proposes massive one-time tax on the rich (in 1999) — Donald Trump Once Proposed the Biggest Tax Hike Ever
- Trump Pushes Single Payer Healthcare, Tax Increase on Wealthy
- On Meet The Press in 1999, Trump said “I’m pro-choice in every respect” and supported partial birth abortion
- Trump says his pro-abortion sister would make ‘phenomenal’ Supreme Court justice
- Donald Trump Defends Planned Parenthood
- Donald Trump waffles on totally defunding Planned Parenthood
- Anti-Abortion Leaders To Iowa Republicans: ‘Anyone But Trump’
- Of Course Donald Trump Is the Most Pro-Gay Republican Presidential Candidate (Slate)
- Trump gave at least $100K to Clinton Foundation
- Donald Trump Donated Heavily To Democrats, Especially During Election Which Put Reid And Pelosi In Power
- Trump: If Ivanka weren’t my daughter, I’d be dating her (The View)
- Trump says his own personal ‘indiscretions’ – including cheating on his first wife – are fair game in politics (UK Daily Mail)
- GOP senator: ‘Weird’ that Trump brags about affairs (CNN)
- Trump casino in Atlantic City to open strip club
- 18 Real Things Donald Trump Has Said About Women
- The Real Donald: Excerpts from Trump’s books on women, marriage, sex and more. (Huffington Post)
- Donald Trump: Ban all Muslim travel to U.S. [NOTE: What about peaceful Muslims? What about our Muslim allies like Jordan’s King Abdullah II or Egypt’s President el-Sisi? What about Muslims who are providing the U.S. with intelligence on our enemies?]
- Rick Perry: Donald Trump Is Disrespectful To Mexicans & Mexican Americans.
- Glenn Beck Slams Donald Trump For Joking About Killing Journalists
It really is mind boggling how so many could be so blind when it comes to a presidential candidate. I really don’t get it!
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. (2 Timothy 4:3-5)
Can the principal in those verses be applied to the political world? Just something to think about.
Donald Trump is dangerous. Period. As Rosenberg wrote:
I realize some — maybe many — of my readers will be angry at what I’m writing. But I have to be honest with my readers about the enormous threat Mr. Trump poses to all that we hold dear. His arrogance, narcissism, greed and lack of respect for women, minorities, and anyone who disagrees with him disqualifies him to be President of the United States. I do pray for Mr. Trump that he will either truly come to personal relationship with Christ through repentance and faith, or — if he has already made that decision — will humbly seek discipleship and grow in his new faith. But even if he’s a new convert, he is not ready to be president
God help us if the people are blind enough to elect Donald Trump.