This weekend, 560 churches in the United States and nine other countries will gather to celebrate and worship. The problem is what they will be celebrating and worshiping. Yes, these 560 churches will be celebrating and worshiping Charles Darwin and his false theory of evolution. That’s right; pastors will be preaching the greatness of an atheist and how we are all here by a cosmic accident.
Thankfully, the number of churches participating in this false teaching has dwindled almost 50% since their peak of 1,049 in 2009, something to be celebrated for sure! Ken Ham of Answers in Genesis published a blog post today, February 10, 2012 on this subject. Ken listed the denominations of churches taking part in this:
- Unitarian Universalist (79)
- United Church of Christ (74)
- Episcopal (58)
- Lutheran (58—mainly ELCA)
- Methodist (52—virtually all United Methodist)
- Presbyterian (45—mainly PC-USA)
- Jewish (43)
- Baptist (9—American Baptist for the most part)
- Unity Church (7)
- Friends (6—Quaker)
- Metropolitan Community (3—homosexual churches)
- Gnostic Churches (2)
- Muslim (1)
Other interesting participants include the following:
- Suncoast Hospice (What kind of message do you give dying people based on evolution?)
- Gardenia Center—“Bringing the metaphysical community together”
- Ethical Humanist Society of Chicago
- Center for Spiritual Living Long Island
- Osher Institute for Life Long Learning
- Americans United for the Separation of Church and State (Nashville Chapter)
- Machar—The Washington Congregation for Secular Humanistic Judaism, D.C.
- Officers of Avalon (“We seek to provide a community and network for Pagan first responders and to serve as a voice for them.”)
- Religious Science of Greater Milwauke
Thankfully, not all of these are churches professing to be Christian. The fact that the highest number of churches are Unitarian Universalist, should give us a little comfort. The UU’s are about as Christian as Mormons, Muslims and Jehovah’s Witnesses. Still though, the number of Christian churches participating is of concern. Why? It is because the pastors of these churches are preaching a false gospel which denies our Creator, or at least the God of the Bible. Once the Creation account as an historical event is denied by Christians, the authority and Truth of the rest of the Bible are called into question. Miracles, the Virgin birth, the death and especially the resurrection of Christ can now be thought of just stories instead of actual historical events.
Why is “ 1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth” so difficult to understand? Why are so many pastors afraid of preaching it? The main reason is that they are afraid that if they preach the Creation account as historical fact, that because so many in our congregations today have been indoctrinated by the public and many private schools that evolution is true, they will lose members. Yes many will say they believe it but refuse to preach it.
Thankfully there are churches out there who will use this weekend to preach God and the Creation. There still are uncompromising pastors out there who will not stray from the Truth and present a false interpretation of Genesis, or any other book of the Bible. More are needed to do this, to not be scared of the political correctness of today, to not give in to the evolutionists and others who deFny that God did it the way it is written.
As Charles Spurgeon said, “If God’s word be true, evolution is a lie.” Spurgeon, although known to be a Gapper (one who has bought in to the idea of a gap between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2) is correct. Yes, God’s Word is True and yes, evolution is a lie!
For more information, read Ken Ham’s blog at http://blogs.answersingenesis.org/blogs/ken-ham/2012/02/10/evolution-weekend-in-churches-an-atheists-fizzle/
Also read my previous article on Creation Weekend vs Evolution Weekend at http://preacherfrank.wordpress.com/2012/02/01/february-11-12-creation-weekend-versus-evolution-weekend/
For a better understanding of my view of the doctrine of Creation, please read my paper on the subject at http://www.discerntruth.org/CreationPaper.pdf
Glorify God’s creative powers this weekend, not the lies of Darwin and evolutionists!